Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Wanted: Personal Chef

Ok so I almost burned my house down. I did something I still don't understand. I had one of those chicken alfredo meals that you keep frozen and all you gotta do is put it in the microwave and there ya go. Apparently, this was more complicated than I thought. So I put it in a tupperware bowl and stick in the microwave. It says 8 minutes, so I put it in for 8 minutes and go upstairs with my beer. I come back down when it's done and it's still kind of frozen. And it's all sticking together and not appetizing at all. The instructions say to mix it around and then put it back in for 3 minutes. So I put it back in and go upstairs. I come back down and there's smoke everywhere! I freak out and open the microwave. The food is all black and the tupperware is partially melted!! So I take it out and there was a tub of dishwater in the sink so I dropped it in and all this smoke was everywhere. I couldn't breathe! So I turned on the fan above the oven and opened the window in the dining room. I take out the fire detector before that goes off and start fanning around a towel. Now really, I need help. I can't cook to save my life! Obviously. I almost died from a microwave dinner. So I threw it all away and made a turkey sandwich. At least I had my Sam Adams.

3 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

I am laughing soooo hard because this is so me!!!!! One time I was in the kitchen cooking and i pulled out my pyrex and put it on the stove walked over to the fridge started pulling crap out and suddenly there was an explosion and ceramic shrapnol (sp?) was falling everywhere I had to take cover inside the fridge! I would have sworn that we under attack (and I was screaming hysterically) and the building was coming down. Nope, the stove was hot and my pyrex exploded! Billy was laughing so hard because I was acting like the war had hit the kitchen! BTW some plastics can't go in the icrowave!

Jeff said...

Oh that is crazy! I was freaking out thinking that the apartment building was going to burn down. In my head I was figuring out what things I need to grab and save from the impending fire. If something exploded and there was shrapnel everywhere, I would've dove in to the living room and crawled on my stomach to safety. Haha. Cooking is all out war. It smelled so bad in my apartment. I had to spray Febreeze. And both the food and the plastic were burned black. So I think it was both. But I didn't know that the food could burn to black in a microwave. Crazy.

Chef Debbie said...

People like you keep people like me in business! Bless you and thank you, too! :-)