Monday, April 6, 2009

Tattoo

I finally got my tattoo! It's the roman numeral 4, "IV". I have 4 reasons for it. One being that my friend April died a few years ago. And April is the 4th month of the year. Second and third reasons being that my mom and mom-mom were both born in April. The 4th reason, I'm keeping to myself. lol Not something people want to hear. But to me it's a big deal.
Anyway, so at the beginning of March, I go in to the tattoo shop, Blue Velvet in Langhorne, and I want to schedule it. I ask to get it done on the next available Saturday. So what day would that be? Yeah, Saturday, 4/4. Creepy, I know!
So here I am scared out of my mind!

Just cleaning up the random peach fuzz on me to be safe.

As you can tell, I'm so nervous. What do I do when I'm nervous? Crack jokes! As you can tell, he's laughing. I figured I should probably stop unless I want him to mess up the whole thing!


Juan was awesome. He's such a cool guy. I gotta go back!

The outline is done. I wanted it to be over with!

Lying in this position for 45 minutes is not a good time. I think having my muscle cramps in my arm and neck was worse than the needle!

I had a Blo Pop to keep me from passing out. But to be honest, I don't think I needed it. I have been really good with needles lately. Getting blood taken, tattoos, etc. I don't get white and faint anymore!
So I'm in the middle of blowing a bubble with the gum in the Blo Pop when she snapped the picture. Ha.
Half way done!

I think my muscles cramped b/c I was so tense. I had to keep reminding myself to relax. As you can see, a giant vein started popping out in my neck.

All done! Look how red my skin is around the tattoo. Plus I was trying to stretch my arm and get it back to normal, while the blood was rushing back to my head from lying down.


I had to show it off. So I meet up with Dana, Kymm and Kevin at Karma. Dana is getting her nails done at her work after midnight. The perks of working in a salon.

4 comments:

HB said...

It looks awesome! You're my inspiration!! Lol.

nix3000, foo! said...

Dude, is the 4th reason what I think it is? LOL?!

Jeff said...

Haha Not telling. ........ Yes it is.

Daily dose of Dana said...

the last pic is a breech of contract!!! copyright infringement, i am sueing! thats the last time you hang out with us at the shop til 2 am!