Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Drunkard

I don't get drunk often. But I feel like when I do, I'm always around people I usually only see very little. Like my family on my dad's side I never see. But usually when I do, it's a party and I'm drinking. And then I sit here and wonder if they think I'm just this huge drunkard b/c every time they see me, I'm retarded drunk. My cousin Jakki's wedding I got to see them, and it had been a while. I got so messed up and then the next morning, I threw up in the restaurant where we had a breakfast buffet. Yes, threw up IN the restaurant. Meaning I went to look for the bathroom and couldn't make it so I quick turned in to the waiter's bus stand and puked on myself. I had to go to the car and put on my clothes from the day before. And then walk back in to see my family all staring at me.
Then I start thinking about it and I remembered Michelle's 4th of July bbq with her cousins who I hadn't seen since I was a kid. Well I was drinking, not that much mind you. But I totally was being obnoxious and loud, which I never am. And I mixed up Bridgette and Erin's name. And it was so embarrassing and the only explanation was that I was drinking. And it was also in front of Michelle's mom and Nana. I could've just buried myself under the ground in embarrassment!
And then the worst of it: This summer at the beach! In front of all my aunts and my uncles and cousins. And their kids! At least this time I didn't mess up anyone's names or throw up on myself. I was close though. But that walk back to the beach house in the morning was the worst. Walking in that room and just knowing that everyone knew what happened last night was the worst. These people probably think I have a problem. Every time I'm around them I act like a homeless drunk person!

Well I'm writing this blog to say I'm not! I swear! I never drink! I promise! Do people really think this about me or is it just me being paranoid!?

4 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

love the new blog layout! the writing and the name!!!! please blog some more or at least get drunk and blog!! that would be interesting!!!!! you forgot to mention the hungover ride home from the shore with Bill!! we all love you drunk or not!!!!

Jeff said...

Thanks betch. I love the font of it too! I had to have it! I try not to talk about that day or the worst ride home of my life. And that wasn't Bill's fault!

Kristy Sokol said...

You say you never drink? How can that be? Are you lying to yourself? Alcohal does you... you don't do alcohal. My opinion about 3 unhealthy privileges that are allowed by are government and commonly used and abused by 18 year olds and 21 year olds and blindly assumed by many people to be acceptable behaviors. Drinking alki at age 21 or any age for that matter is really stupid, wrong, demeaning, a death trap, disconcerting to the human body and is easily abused. Cigarettes and X rated materials are also unhealthy, idiotic, moronic and disgusting. These 3 privileges have the ease of ruining people’s family’s, marriages and employment.

Kristy Sokol said...

However your blog is well written and I like you reguardless of your problems.