Tuesday, June 28, 2011

If You Needed To Know What Disappointment Looks Like...


Just look at this picture. If I'm ever feeling sad or down on myself, all I have to do is look at this picture and crack up to the point of tears. Here's the story behind the pic:

This time last year, during my birthday, we went to the theme park Knoebels in beautiful Elysburg, PA. They have a ride that we go on multiple times a day because we're so competitive. It's a simple carousel ride, but with a twist. These people have a mechanical arm that sticks out, so when you ride on the outside horses, you can reach out and grab brass rings. So obviously we made it a contest to see who can get the most every time we go on. We have even gotten tricky by trying to get 2 at the same time. I've done it. Not bragging or anything.

So while Ted, Kevin, Megh, Heather, Eve and Randy were in line, Kymm and I were getting a good spot to watch them. Kymm had her camera ready and I kept noticing this poor girl. Every time she went around, she was too small to reach the rings. She would get so excited reaching for it, and then she would pass without being able to get another ring. Then she just had this look like someone ran over her puppy. We cracked up every time we saw her. Not to be mean, but in her own innocent way, she was adorable. We have no idea who she is. At the end of the ride, she had no rings and this was the picture that Kymm got when she came around. Just a deflating look of defeat. Battling tears of laughter, I had to control myself not to walk up to her and buy her an ice cream or whatever it is she wanted. I love this girl and I hope this year she's big enough to get the rings.

2 comments:

bitchy girl said...

i do not feel bad for her. i laugh at her in a mean way. sorry.

Daily dose of Dana said...

i saw disappointment yesterday in my chair at the shop.... :( love ya