Saturday, December 13, 2008

MuDvAyNe

Colleen and I went to see Mudvayne yesterday (Friday, 10/12) at the Electric Factory. I have seen Mudvayne many many times over the past couple years. They just released their 4th album. So they played the Factory, which is the biggest venue I've seen them headline. So that was exciting. I didn't think that many people were going to be there since I've seen them in smaller venues all the time. And when I told people I was going to see them, the response I would get was, "They're still around?" Yes people! Geez! They're more popular than ever! Haha And their last album had the song "Happy?" played on the radio a lot. Even Colleen knew that one. She was scared during the show b/c we were in the pit. But we stayed out of harm's way. She's used to shows like Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco. So she's not used to the metal shows.

So we went to the pub before hand to eat a bit.


Ok so when the band first came out back in 2000, their thing was they wore war paint. Which is basically just painting your whole face and looking scary. Mostly for theatrics. They were nominated for an MTV Video Music Award and they all wore these white tuxedos and then had bullet holes in their foreheads and blood all over their faces and tuxes. It was sweet. Their 2nd cd came out and they were still doing it, but not as hardcore. Their 3rd and now 4th cds, they're just plain clothes, no makeup, let's rock out kind of vibe. So I was shocked when I saw the lead singer coming out in what could only be described as a huge Elmo costume. It was red and furry. Literally. But he totally had a red mohawk, which made me go, "Hmmmmm, I could totally do that." And he had some makeup on to reminisce on the old days. The guitar player was rocking this awesome top hat with stars on it. It was cool.



He was getting hot so he put on some overalls, which he wore as his costume for the 1st cd.





We didn't get too close but I tried to zoom in as much as possible. And as you can tell, some pics came out blurry. It's hard being in a pit with people pushing you around and you're trying to take a steady picture! Haha
We went back to the pub afterwards for some drinks. I lost my voice for a while and I sounded really weird. I was screaming during the whole show singing along. It was the best show I've seen them do. So I was very happy. And I take these pictures and post them on my blog because otherwise everyone that reads this would have no idea what a Mudvayne or even a Marilyn Manson concert would look like. I'm here to share, people. Haha





To give you a better idea since my pics were so crappy, I stole these from the internets.



2 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

Jeff, your pics and the stolen pics really look like 2 different things hahaha!!!! I just had to rub that in! I am glad you had fun, but if you really want a red mohawk you will have to go see someone else about it because your mother will kill me!!! What was up with that red costume?? I never saw a red chicken before!!! LOL - DON'T I SOUND SO MEAN RIGHT NOW!!!!

Jeff said...

Haha I'm guessing that photographer had a way better camera, was right next to the stage and didn't have to take pics from the middle of the pit! lol I try.

And I was kind of counting on you to do the red hair. And if I get it done somewhere else, I'll still tell my mom you did it. lol kidding!