Saturday, November 29, 2008

Tumbler is back!

As some of you may know, the night the Phils won the Series, I was at home and Nikki and Dana were over. Nikki goes to leave after the game (she wasn't living there just yet), and she says someone sprayed my car with paint. So we go out and it's foam stuff. So I'm thinking it was just the stuff you put on your car or party foam or whatever. So I take it to Dana's for Bill to check it out and it's not coming out! Turns out it's oven cleaner and it's eating away at the paint and in to the body. I get an estimate done from a shop and it's over $6000 in damages. I dropped it off at the shop on 11/3 and it was finally returned to me today!

My poor Tumbler has gone through a lot since I've gotten him in February. I have a tendency to give inanimate objects their own life. I feel like they have their own personalities. My car should be no different. I care about it and I hate when people mistreat it like that for no reason. So he's back and I'm paranoid and constantly looking out the window making sure it's ok. But he looks awesome. He's all painted and waxed and looking sharp. And they added a little more metallic to the paint to make him extra fancy. At first I wasn't used to it and I wasn't sure if it was my car. I had to check the radio stations that I had programmed to make sure it was mine. But it didn't take me long to get back in the swing of things. The Tumbler is back in full force!

Here's old pics from when I first got him in Feb. It was too dark today to take new pictures.





My poor baby! Don't ever leave me again! (These are pics Michelle took in March for our photoshoot. This was in between my outfit change.)

4 comments:

Daily dose of Dana said...

you r crazy!!! isn't it funny that your car stars in our blogs a lot!!!

Jeff said...

My car is probably more famous than I will ever be.

Memories of us said...

Jeff, SO happy for you having your baby back! I know you are a big Tina Fey fan and I was listening to the radio the other day and they were telling the story of how she got the scar on her cheek... do you already know this?

Jeff said...

Yeah she was the head writer on SNL and then they decided that she should start doing stuff on camera. She was saying back then that she was self conscious b/c she had the scar and she didn't want to be on camera so Lorne Michaels had to convince her to do it. lol Sorry I'm a little in love.