Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mackenzie's Christening

Every time I talk about Mackenzie, I feel I need to have the font in pink. Anyway, today was the little girl's Christening. She did so good. She didn't cry. Just a few grunts here and there. Typical Mackenzie. Katie and I crack up everytime she does it. It was quick and painless. Well I did get "yelled" at by the priest a couple times. One for not being loud enough when I said yes, even though I clearly said yes and nodded my head. Then I was told I looked like I was "out in left field" he said. Even though I was completely paying attention for once! So I can't catch a break. And it's a wonder why I get anxiety when I'm around priests. They hate me.
So I guess I'm a godparent now. He told Meghan and I that we have to write letters to Mackenzie within the week so that she keeps that with her for the rest of her life to refer to when she needs it. Ummmmmm, can't she just call me? I'm gonna be there for this girl no matter what.
I was holding her hand. She was stressed out b/c the mean priest was holding her. I told her it was ok. Just breathe.

The grandparents.
Mom-Mom and Uncle Jeff.



2 comments:

HB said...

Even from far away she looks cute! Her hands are so tiny!!

Lil C said...

when the priest told you that you look like youre out in left feild you shoulda been all yea well you look like your fresh from a cub scout meeting ya creeo!!