Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wawapalooza 3

Wawapalooza's 3rd year has already come and gone. We've been working on it for months and it seemed like the show just whizzed right by. I miss it already. I had such a blast. And we all got to learn new things about each other this year. Haha.

First off was Alexandra's intro telling us how long the show is and to turn off cell phones and stuff. I figured it would be fun to bombard her on stage and totally interrupt her and turn it in to a sketch. Eric gave me the freedom to do what I want. I made the mistake of saying, "I'll dress up as a 15 year old girl and just say how much Wawapalooza sucks and how I don't want to be here." Me and my stupid mouth.....


Yes I was in public looking like this! In front of a crowd! I had to keep repeating names of famous comedians who have done drag. I found out basically everyone from SNL has done it, the guys from the State, Kids in the Hall, and even serious actors like Dustin Hoffman. Tootsie was a good movie! haha (P.S. You like my boots?! It was very hard to find them in a size 11.)


The first sketch was an Eagles fan in therapy. This gave me time to change backstage!


Then we shown the film Whole Foods vs. Super Fresh, which was a mockumentary about how the two grocery stores are right across the street from each other on 10th & South and how one is for hipsters and the other is kinda trashy. Very good stuff. It's on youtube. Check it out.


Then the sketch Mominator. I played the kid who went to his friends house to play video games and the kid's mom keeps bugging us to eat the lasagna she made.




Then we played the film about colonial tour guides in Philly not having to take a test about the city's knowledge. We had Mala going around saying all these crazy things about historical Philly. Again, youtube.
The next sketch was the campfire sketch. Eric is very serious about his guitar playing at the campfire and gets mad when Gus' character comes and starts singing stuff in the regular songs and ruining it. It was luke warm when we first started doing it, but through rehearsals, we kept tweaking it and it turned out to be one of the best sketches. I was the stoner guy on the ground that wasn't really with it. Very fun to play.




Then we shown a video making fun of Juno and how the songs on the movie were awful!
We did a KMart sketch again. We did one the first year and it did well. So we did another one.



The last sketch of the evening was called Poor Devil. The basis of it was that the devil can't make as good of a deal as he used to now that the economy sucks. I played Conor again for the 3rd year in a row! The only character to make it all 3 years! haha. This time he was a waiter at Applebee's that just wants more out of life. The 1st year he worked at Verizon. The 2nd year he worked at Ikea. Now the 3rd year he's at Applebee's. He can't seem to keep a job.


This sketch was quick and to the point. Me and Dan on the right want to join the Mummers. I want to be the traditional Mummer like on tv with the costumes and stuff. Sadly, I'm informed that there's only openings in the Groping Brigade and the Public Urination Brigade. It's sad to find out that the Mummers are all a bunch of drunk doods walking down a street.




It felt very professional in a real theater with professional lights and video and a stage and theater seating. Hey we even had set lists hanging up in the back so we knew what was next! So awesome!

1 comment:

HB said...

"Learn new things about each other this year." You're funny. I have loved Wawapalooza every year, but I can honestly say this year was the best! And you were, of course, the best of the best.