Thursday, August 28, 2008

NIN

Ok so I saw Nine Inch Nails last night in NY. I had to go to the NY show b/c they're playing in Philly the same night that Wawapalooza starts. But it was an amazing show! Rachel and I got there right before NIN went on. So we skipped the opening act. Which is fine by me b/c I hate opening acts. They put on the greatest light/video stage show I've ever seen. He really put a lot in to it. And two hours later, I was satisfied. I was bitching about how tickets were $75, but it was worth every penny. After seeing all the tech that went in to it, I can see why they cost so much. I wasn't able to take pictures b/c we were too far away. So I stole some off the band's website.



During this part, they just had the three guys with synths and did songs from Year Zero. Which is just crazy noises and sounds that make songs. So it was really cool to see as compared to the regular band playing.

This part was my favorite. These lights hung down and then during the chorus they would start swinging around.

He released a cd called "Ghosts I-IV" and it was all instrumental. So during this part, he came out and did a couple songs from it and it was so awesome. Just to sit and watch was so cool. They had all these orchestral instruments and it was amazing.

This part was awesome. This video screen came down with these squares. The drummer came and pushed a couple of them and they turned red. Then a little white square would go from left to right and everytime it would hit the red part, it would be a drum beat. And he lined it up just right to play the drums for the song that the rest of the band started playing. It was so cool!

There was so many other things that he did that there are no pictures of. There was one time where the screen came down in front of the band and it was all snow like on a tv. And when he walked up close to it, it would clear and you could see him behind it. Then he would take his hand and "throw" the clear part over to his bandmates standing next to him. It was wild! I loved it!

No comments: